[paranoia] Is this spec ok with you?

Dale E. Martin dmartin at clifton-labs.com
Thu Dec 23 07:46:31 PST 1999

Monty <xiphmont at xiph.org> writes:

> > True enough.  Debian labels it 0.9.7, which is fine with me.
>
> Actually, it being paranoia III, 3.9.7 is probably more appropriate *but* I'd
> prefer to keep numbering consistency with the preexisting Debian numbering.

My reason in picking that numbering was thinking that when a non alpha
cdparanoia-III came the version would move up to 1.0.0 :-) I realize
that that's kind of silly given the non-alphaness of the program, but
that's what I was thinking...

> > > Using a other OS it would
> > > probably be around version 3.x and less stable :-) (At least if it was
> > > written by a company - no offence to Monty meant.)
>
> That's what reminded me of paranoia III :-)  However, libcdda_paranoia.III.9.7
> would likely break things.

I believe there is only one package depending on libcdparanoia0 in
Debian (besides cdparanoia itself of course) - that's grip.  The
maintainer of grip is reasonable and probably wouldn't care if the
version of libcdparanoia changed.  So if you want to change the version
number it's OK with me (not that you need my permission of course).  We
should do it soon though as Debian is code freezing (finally!) next
month.

Later,
        Dale

--
| Dale E. Martin | Clifton Labs, Inc. | Senior Computer Engineer |