[paranoia] Problems with PPPD?

Noah Coccaro noah at anchor.cs.colorado.edu
Tue Aug 31 09:51:14 PDT 1999

I don't think it's a scsi problem. I have an HP Surestore 8100. Kernerl 2.2.1
It's an ide cd. To use cdrecord, I have to use the ide-scsi module
that does scsi commands over the ide channel. I also use the ide-cd module
for another program -- that's standard ide over ide. Only one of those
modules can be loaded at a time, since they are contradictory.
cdparanoia holds up my ppp session *whether I use the ide or scsi module*
so, it's not a scsi thing. I wonder if the same thing would happen
with a different communication device, say ethernet with DHCP.

Erik -- how did you have a similar problem, but not using a modem? What
are you using that's breaking?

(I'm not sure, but I think cdrecord also stops me from sending data accross
the modem)