[paranoia] Recording more than one track

Georg Graf g.graf at teleweb.at
Mon Aug 16 23:22:38 PDT 1999

On Tue, Aug 17, 1999 at 03:54:46PM +1000, Steve Ridley wrote:
> Hi Georg

> What is the bulk option ? The command line I use for instance is :

> cdparanoia "1-2"

> Which I believe should rip the first two tracks and put the result into the
> default file name (cdda.wav). Instead I get the problem I described earlier.

cdparanoia "1-" should record the whole CD into *one* file
cdrdao writes "disc at once"
the -d option forces to read from /dev/scd0

what I do:
cdrdao read-toc --device /dev/sgb tocfile
cdparanoia 1- -d /dev/scd0 data.wav
eject /dev/scd0
read
cdrdao write --device /dev/sgb  tocfile
eject /dev/scd0

this makes 1:1 copies
of course I use this only for non-commercial CD-s ;-)

anybody knows a faster way?

--
Georg