[paranoia-dev] noise in extracted tracks

Anthony Anthony at nodivisions.com
Wed Aug 28 15:16:19 PDT 2002

Hello,

I downloaded cdparanoia 9.8 today, and installed it on my Red Hat Linux 7.3
system (Pentium III 1.13GHz, 640MB ram, TDK cdrom that does DAE at
~40x).  When I run it (with only the -B option), the extracted tracks have
lots of noise, and the progress bargraph is full of !s and Vs.

When I put the same drive in my WinXP machine and run Exact Audio Copy, the
extracted tracks are fine, and no errors are reported.

I've checked through the FAQ and troubleshooting sections on your site, but
I didn't see anything that seemed to address my problem.  Any ideas?

Thanks,
Anthony