[opus] Three new releases

Jean-Marc Valin jmvalin at jmvalin.ca
Wed May 24 19:58:11 UTC 2017

Hi,

I'm announcing two new releases of opus, along with the first release of
the new libopusenc library.

First for opus, we just fixed a bad bug in the surround encoding code
that would cause very bad quality on signals beyond a certain amplitude.
Thanks to Franziska Trojahn and others from HfT Leipzig for finding this
issue through their listening test[1] (the quality of the two bad files
in the paper should now be similar to the others). The new 1.1.5 release
fixes only that bug, while 1.2beta also includes some ARM Neon
optimizations and low bitrate quality tuning.
You can download them at:
https://archive.mozilla.org/pub/opus/opus-1.1.5.tar.gz
https://archive.mozilla.org/pub/opus/opus-1.2-beta.tar.gz

This is also the first release of libopusenc. That library is means to
make it easy to encode Ogg Opus files. It is the encoding counterpart to
libopusfile. This first release supports all features (including
chaining), but it has received only a small amount of testing. Please
report and bugs, feature requests, ...
You can download it at:
https://archive.mozilla.org/pub/opus/libopusenc-0.1.tar.gz

[1]