[opus] The inband FEC option within Opus

Jean-Marc Valin jmvalin at jmvalin.ca
Mon May 8 23:22:32 UTC 2017

The -inbandfec option means that the encoder is *allowed* to use FEC,
not that it has to. The final decision is based on the bitrate and the
percentage of packet loss (and a few minor factors). If you're not
seeing a difference, it means that given the options you're using, the
encoder thinks actually using FEC would result in worse quality.