[opus] High Frequency Hiss with Opus at 48 kbit/s

Jean-Marc Valin jmvalin at jmvalin.ca
Thu Sep 4 10:51:24 PDT 2014

Hi Andreas,

I listened to the .opus file you included and considering the bitrate,
I don't see anything wrong. This is a pretty low bitrate for fullband
stereo music. I haven't listened to the .wma file and it's possible it
may sound better, but then it might very well sound worse on another
sample. We're just not yet at the point of having good quality at 48 kb/s.