[opus] opus_multistream_encode_float not working in libopus 1.1

Alpha Thinktink alphathinktink at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 18:32:03 PDT 2014

On Wed, Jun 4, 2014 at 5:08 PM, Mark Harris <mark.hsj at gmail.com> wrote:

> This can happen with multistream cbr if the bitrate is set too low, to a
> value that would allow less than 4 bytes per stream, per packet.  What
> bitrate are you using?  Perhaps you set it to a value in kb/s instead of
> b/s.

I just verified I'm not sending in kb/s.  The user sets the value as
either Auto (-1000), Max (-1), or Specify --> between 512000-500  The
value is passed, as-is, to the encoder ctl function.

However, it looks like it's getting closer:
Quadraphonic signal: 4800b/s=go  4799b/s=no-go, so anything below 4800
doesn't work.
Stereo signal (as 2chan uncoupled):  1600b/s=go  1599b/s=no-go, here
nothing below 1600 works.

However, before testing different bitrates I've had it set on Auto,
which is no-go on v1.1 Testing Max also is no-go v1.1  However,
v1.1-beta and earlier works.

Please remember that everything still works with v1.1-beta and
previous.  I just tested it to make sure as well.  v1.1 release is the
only version I see problems with hard cbr multistream.