[opus] [user] coverart and other tags

Ian Malone ibmalone at gmail.com
Wed Feb 12 06:29:55 PST 2014

On 12 February 2014 13:02, Alice Wonder <alicewonder at shastaherps.org> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am new to using opus but so far I really am loving it. At 16kbps
> spoken content sounds fabulous.
>
> I am using opusenc on 64-bit linux - mostly with flac input.
>
> The one thing I can't figure out how to do is add album art. I tried
> passing the vorbis way of adding a metadata_block_picture comment field
> to opusenc but it complained about the length.
>
> I can't seem to find any application like vorbiscomment for opus that
> would let me do it after the encode.
>
> Does such a utility exist? I really need it to be CLI and work in linux,
> this is being scripted for an audio hosting server.

For opus ogg encapsulation both liboggz and vorbiscomment could
probably be modified to support modifying the opus comment block too,
but a while since I've looked at either so can't say immediately
whether it's trivial or would require a bit of work. Can check, but
would be later in the week.

--
imalone
http://ibmalone.blogspot.co.uk