[opus] opusenc -- no track number metadata?

John Buckman john at magnatune.com
Tue Nov 19 10:52:47 PST 2013

>  However all the Xiph tools that support
> Vorbis-style comments should support the same interpretation,
> http://www.xiph.org/vorbis/doc/v-comment.html and setting the comment
> directly using the comment option will have the same effect until this
> is fixed. The field you want is:
> TRACKNUMBER=

I can confirm that a comment of TRACKNUMBER= works correctly in VLC, thanks for that!

I'm currently re-encoding our 5000 albums with this updated metadata.

Maybe the man change should be updated, or even better, a command-line option to opusenc could be added which uses this metadata format.

Thanks!

-john