[opus] opusenc -- no track number metadata?

Ian Malone ibmalone at gmail.com
Fri Nov 15 15:01:45 PST 2013

On 15 November 2013 18:27, John Buckman <john at magnatune.com> wrote:
(sigh, once more I accidentally replied off-list...)

> The docs for opusenc at
> https://mf4.xiph.org/jenkins/view/opus/job/opus-tools/ws/man/opusenc.html
>
> don't mention any way to specify the track number metadata.
>
> Is there an undocumented way to do this, or this feature not available?
>
> Or is the "track number" meant to be a "comment" ?
>
> More people at Magnatune are downloading our opus files, so this came up...

I think that's an oversight in the opusenc tool, it doesn't seem to
support that option. However all the Xiph tools that support
Vorbis-style comments should support the same interpretation,
http://www.xiph.org/vorbis/doc/v-comment.html and setting the comment
directly using the comment option will have the same effect until this
is fixed. The field you want is:
TRACKNUMBER=

Good to hear about the Opus uptake!

--