[opus] 1.1 Much slower on Raspberry Pi

Stuart Marsden stuartmarsden at finmars.co.uk
Tue Dec 17 14:14:53 PST 2013

Gregory,

That is good to know and if therefore the true apples to apples comparison
is 0.9.14 at comp 10 and 1.1 at comp 5 then things are fine. My ears are
not good enough to hear the difference so for speed I would target comp 5
or lower.

I just did a quick test and 0.9.14 at comp 10 was 3.872
1.1 at comp 5 was 5.218

So if the output is comparable then we do in fact see a speed improvement.

Thanks for pointing this out. Is it documented? I admit I have only read
some of the documentation.

Best Regards,

Stuart Marsden