[opus] CELT 0.11.3 tandem test fails

Timothy B. Terriberry tterribe at xiph.org
Sun Sep 2 15:12:03 PDT 2012

Georgi D. Sotirov wrote:
>                  --enable-assertions

This is a bad idea. These can slow down the library significantly, as
they were only meant to be enabled for debugging.

>     Error: celt_decode returned unknown error
>     Error: celt_decode returned unknown error
>     Error: celt_decode returned unknown error

In-band signaling of the CELT frame size and bandwidth was added in
commit e6acfe07 in March 2011, which required celt_decode() to return
the number of decoded samples, but the test was not updated to expect
this return value.

> Let me know if I could help you with more information and I hope you're
> resolve the problem soon.

libcelt is no longer being maintained. Packages should transition to
libopus, which offers functionality that is a complete superset, and
actually receives bugfixes, etc. What packages are Slackware shipping
that still depend on libcelt?