[opus] CELT 0.11.3 tandem test fails

Georgi D. Sotirov gdsotirov at dir.bg
Sun Sep 2 15:31:18 PDT 2012

On 3.09.2012 01:12, Timothy B. Terriberry wrote:
> Georgi D. Sotirov wrote:
>>                  --enable-assertions
> This is a bad idea. These can slow down the library significantly, as
> they were only meant to be enabled for debugging.

Yep, I haven't though it that way, but what are assertions good for than
debugging? Removing it...
>>     Error: celt_decode returned unknown error
>>     Error: celt_decode returned unknown error
>>     Error: celt_decode returned unknown error
> In-band signaling of the CELT frame size and bandwidth was added in
> commit e6acfe07 in March 2011, which required celt_decode() to return
> the number of decoded samples, but the test was not updated to expect
> this return value.

OK. Clear.
>> Let me know if I could help you with more information and I hope you're
>> resolve the problem soon.
> libcelt is no longer being maintained. Packages should transition to
> libopus, which offers functionality that is a complete superset, and
> actually receives bugfixes, etc. What packages are Slackware shipping
> that still depend on libcelt?

Right, but I have it as a prerequisite for building JACK
<http://jackaudio.org/> and I see some other distributions are still
providing libcelt. Perhaps JACK already moved to Opus
<http://opus-codec.org/>?

P.S. I'm not an official Slackware developer and neither CELT nor JACK
are official Slackware packages. I'm building both on my own for my site
SlackPack <http://sotirov-bg.net/slackpack/>.

Regards,

--

*Georgi D. Sotirov*