[CELT-dev] PLC Question & OPUS Migration?

Bob Bang bob.bang2 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 07:09:59 PDT 2011

Hello everyone, I have been having trouble utilizing the PLC function (I
think). In older versions (0.7.1) a pointer to NULL did the trick, but with
code from the tip of the GIT repository, this method causes the codec to
crash on the C55x fixed point platform. I have not determined where the
crash occurs.

I have also attempted to pass in an array of zero's and this creates an
echoey, reverby effect, but does not have any loud, full-scale artifacts. Is
this the correct method for calling PLC? This does not sound nearly as good
as the samples on the website.

Also, while I am here, I thought I would ask if any CELT enthusiasts are
migrating over to the OPUS code base?  My main applications for the codec
will use a fixed frame and packet size, so I will not take much advantage of
the dynamic nature of the codec. But are there any other benefits in terms
of audio quality/latency/error robustness that OPUS will have over CELT?

Cheers

bob