[CELT-dev] Celt modes

Andrew Lentvorski bsder at allcaps.org
Tue Jun 7 19:28:35 PDT 2011

On 6/6/11 5:01 PM, Mike wrote:
> I seem to be having trouble creating correct modes for a 44100 samplerate.  In reading the header file it says an even value from 64 to 512 I believe (going off memory) for the frame_rate but celt_mode_create returns a null mode.  I can get it all working if I use 48000 with 480 frame_rate.
>
> I guess in short what is the best way to calculate the optimal mode for latency.
>
> Thanks
> Mike

You will be able to experiment with different modes if you run configure
with "--enable-custom-modes".  This will cause CELT to calculate and
configure modes on the fly so you can experiment.

Be forewarned, on other mailing list messages it has been indicated that
CELT runs internally at 48KHz and has mostly been tested at frame sizes
of 960, 480, etc.  If you can sample at 48KHz rather than 44.1KHz,
you're probably going to be better off.

After you figure out what you want, you can compile it in statically.

-a