[CELT-dev] [OT] high quality point-to-point audio streaming software?

Ross Bencina rossb-lists at audiomulch.com
Thu Feb 17 01:50:56 PST 2011

Hi Guys

Sorry, this is off-topic here but relates to current use of CELT and/or Opus
in real-world systems. If there's a better forum to ask this question please
let me know.

I'm wondering if anyone can point me in the direction of software I can use
right now that will give me high-quality point-to-point live audio streaming
accross the  internet. Kind of like Skype, but designed for stereo music
instead of just voice. The application is streaming a live music concert
from one venue to another venue on another continent.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've read that you can do things like this with
icecast but my understanding is you need to configure a server so it's more
suited to permenatnt broadcast than for ad-hoc once-off point-to-point audio
streaming sessions.

I guess once Opus is finished Skype will do something like this but I'm
wondering what's available today (the concert is in one week!).

Any and all pointers welcome :-)

Thanks!

Ross.