[CELT-dev] multichannel

Dirk Griffioen dirk.griffioen at barcelonamedia.org
Thu Oct 15 06:50:31 PDT 2009

Hi All,

Would it be possible to encode n channels with the CELT api?

I can't find a negative or positive in the CELT docs; all I could find
is c a check on the nr of channels in wav_io.c in the CELT tools. No
clear insight on wheter or not the channels parameter in
celt_mode_create can be > 2.

Answers on the list were (thanks!):

- Sure, You just encode each channel and then store the encoded frames one after another.
- I recommend you just encode N separate mono streams. I'm pretty sure that's what Vorbis does internally anyway.
- It is possible. See, for example, the RTP draft

However, it seems to me I would have to do some coding here; either in
packaging/storing or rtp - is that correct?

Thanks for any hints!

Regards, Dirk