[ogg-dev] video chapters and subtitles in ogg containers

Conrad Parker conrad at metadecks.org
Fri Nov 14 12:19:11 PST 2008

2008/11/15 Ralph Giles <giles at xiph.org>:

> I don't know. Wouldn't it work if the entire CMML clip track were
> packed at the beginning of the stream? That removes the seeks
> entirely. I actually think that should be allowed by the spec,
> although I'm not sure whether it is, currently.

It's not in the spec, but I can't really see anything wrong with it in
terms of Ogg framing. Currently we specify that each clip be in a
separate packet, on a standalone page (or pages), with granulepos
equal to the onset of the clip.

It would work to instead allow all the clips to be in the same packet
and put that at the start of the stream, with granulepos equal to the
onset of the first clip (or simply 0).

> Is there a way to tell
> we have complete converage from a given collection of cmml packets?

Sure, the cmml track's eos page.

Conrad.