[ogg-dev] video chapters and subtitles in ogg containers

Ralph Giles giles at xiph.org
Fri Nov 14 11:45:59 PST 2008

On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 5:11 AM, Hans J. Koch <hjk at linutronix.de> wrote:

>> I don't think anything currently in Ogg can do this. The closest I can
>> think of is CMML's clip concept, but you'd still have to parse the entire
>> stream to find them all.
>
> That's nearly useless for DVD-like applications.

I don't know. Wouldn't it work if the entire CMML clip track were
packed at the beginning of the stream? That removes the seeks
entirely. I actually think that should be allowed by the spec,
although I'm not sure whether it is, currently. Is there a way to tell
we have complete converage from a given collection of cmml packets?

 -r