[ogg-dev] Ogg metadata stream embedding

Daniel Aleksandersen aleksandersen+xiphlists at runbox.com
Fri Sep 14 08:23:12 PDT 2007

On Wednesday 12. September 2007 09:49:22 Silvia Pfeiffer wrote:
> Now I just ask myself the question as to what "Ogg Metadata" really is
> - since that wiki page has no actual technical specification on it at
> all...

Metadata is basically what RDF does: Describes a resource. In the case of
Ogg files; metadata would describe the media [resource] in the Ogg
container.

Notably a description can be many things. Technical aspects (such as
quality, aspect ratio, bitrate, software used to create the file, ...) are
machine-metadata whilst media information (such as artist, composer,
director, record label, musicans, ...) would be human-metadata.
--
Daniel Aleksandersen