[ogg-dev] Ogg metadata stream embedding

Silvia Pfeiffer silviapfeiffer1 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 00:49:22 PDT 2007

I suggest using the solution that CMML has come to use.

The XML file is essentially the same as an unencapsulated physical bitstream.

Then there is a mapping into a logical bitstream, where some of the
default information - in particular the XML header - are split off and
put into the bos packet - nothing really needs to go into the eos
packet. There's also a magic number and a version number.

Also, use the granulepos scheme that we defined for CMML pages- you're
going to make your lives easier.

CMML has had several years of fine tuning of the means to encapsulate.
Don't underestimate the problems - it's very easy to get the
impression that XML is simple to handle, while it's actually quite
hard to get right.

So much for technical feedback.

Now I just ask myself the question as to what "Ogg Metadata" really is
- since that wiki page has no actual technical specification on it at
all...

Silvia.