[ogg-dev] metadata on the wiki

Daniel Aleksandersen aleksandersen+xiphlists at runbox.com
Fri Sep 14 07:27:31 PDT 2007

The biggest problem with Vorbis comments are too loose specifications and
too little standardisation.

Another problem is attribution of involved parties. Currently only the
ARTIST field name is supported in software. More standardised field names
need to be worked out for organisations and persons involved in the
production of the recording. See:
http://wiki.xiph.org/index.php/VorbisComment#Attributing_involved_parties

I have made a some suggestions, but as I have said earlier: Vorbis comments
are no good when it comes to including information about musicans, labels,
and other involved persons and organisations. A XML replacement to Vorbis
comments would provide better mechanisms for defining this.

--
Daniel Aleksandersen