[ogg-dev] The use for an XML based metadata format

Daniel Aleksandersen aleksandersen+xiphlists at runbox.com
Mon Sep 10 16:49:30 PDT 2007

On Tuesday 11. September 2007 01:30:25 Ian Malone wrote:
> Daniel Aleksandersen wrote:
> > It would have to apply to any kind of media.
>
> I'm not quite sure what you mean by this.  Some of the
> things suggested so far (musicians for example) are
> obviously going to be music orientated.  If you mean it
> has to be able to describe things you put in a Ogg stream
> then yes it does.  However you have to pick what it is
> you want to describe about them or you'll be there
> forever.

I mean that the format should be capable of describing who acted, directed,
and did other parts in movies as well. Take a short commercial for example:
Who are we seeing in this short clip? What are they saying and in what
language? Who produced and published the clip and when? + distribution
rights/license stuff, and other things as well.

There are drafts for including still images in Ogg streams? Surely they
would have to be described as well. What camera was used and who made it?
Who owns it? What do we see on this image?
--
Daniel Aleksandersen