[ogg-dev] The use for an XML based metadata format

Ian Malone ibmalone at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 16:34:35 PDT 2007

Daniel Aleksandersen wrote:

> By the way, I have bee discussing Dublin Core (‘DC’) with the developers of
> the Atom 1.0 specification. It seams the reason they created atom:rights
> instead of using dc:rights were just about what I thought it was: They
> though DC was too loosely defined. Their own atom:rights element were
> designed to more clearly define what the element contained (escaped HTML,
> clear text, or whatever else).
>
> When it comes to other dc:elements the arguments were about the same: Could
> be more clearly defined what they contain and remove redundant attributes
> and children elements.

(Sorry, should have replied to this at the same time as the last.)

I'd be interested which ones.  DC is a bit nebulous, but that gives
you tremendous freedom too.  Atom on the other hand has a very
specific target for the things they describe (but they did take a
very pragmatic approach to their problem from what I understand,
which means they're probably good people to be talking to).

--
imalone