[ogg-dev] The use for an XML based metadata format

Daniel Aleksandersen aleksandersen+xiphlists at runbox.com
Mon Sep 10 15:39:37 PDT 2007

On Monday 10. September 2007 23:39:50 Silvia Pfeiffer wrote:
> 2) we need a XML annotation format for audio - in particular for music
> - that is more structured than vorbiscomment (and this probably
> applies to video, too)

It would have to apply to any kind of media.

By the way, I have bee discussing Dublin Core (‘DC’) with the developers of
the Atom 1.0 specification. It seams the reason they created atom:rights
instead of using dc:rights were just about what I thought it was: They
though DC was too loosely defined. Their own atom:rights element were
designed to more clearly define what the element contained (escaped HTML,
clear text, or whatever else).

When it comes to other dc:elements the arguments were about the same: Could
be more clearly defined what they contain and remove redundant attributes
and children elements.
--
Daniel Aleksandersen