[ogg-dev] The use for an XML based metadata format

Silvia Pfeiffer silviapfeiffer1 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 14:39:50 PDT 2007

What I've gotten out of this discussion so far:

1) we need to introduce a means in which to do captions; this could be
done through adding a "caption" element to CMML, or in another
time-continuous annotation format; so far I am not sure which would be
the better way

2) we need a XML annotation format for audio - in particular for music
- that is more structured than vorbiscomment (and this probably
applies to video, too)

3) we need a means to describe relationships between different logical
bitstreams; we had a discussion about this years ago, but never got to
a proper specification of this

4) we need a means to address logcial bitstreams by name; this should
be an ID attribute to be added to skeleton

These four things are all very different and separate things - number
2 may even need further structuring IMO. Yes, they interrelate and
there should be means to address one from the other. But IMO they all
need a different approach.

Silvia.