[ogg-dev] oggfile, skeleton and vorbis tools

Conrad Parker conrad at metadecks.org
Wed Mar 1 17:15:11 PST 2006

On Wed, Mar 01, 2006 at 10:36:38PM +0000, Ian Malone wrote:

> I assume what this all means is there's no desire for any kind of stop-
> gap libvorbisfile that does the "vorbis out of any otherwise valid Ogg
> stream"[1], and that anything along these lines will wait until Oggfile.

There's plenty of desire from the Xiph community for libvorbisfile to
be able to handle multiple logical bitstreams. No need to wait ;-)

libvorbisfile is widely deployed with its existing API and dependencies.
Regardless of future plans, existing applications using the existing
libvorbisfile will be around in distributions for a few years to come.

cheers,

Conrad.