[ogg-dev] OggPCM : Need more justification for chunked data

Erik de Castro Lopo mle+xiph at mega-nerd.com
Mon Nov 14 04:03:33 PST 2005

HI all,

John Kkoleszar has asked for the option of storing data. He gave the rational
that

   a) SIMD optimized filters
   b) Writing filter chains.

Conrad Parker supported this say that both Core Audio and Jack operate on
multiple single channel buffers.

On IRC both Jean-Marc and MikeS argued that if OggPCM supports interleaved,
the addition of chunked is hard to justify.

My slant on the matter is that its harder to justify having both chunked
and interleaved than it is to justify having one or the other.

So, we're looing for more feedback on this issue? Do we support chunked,
interleaved or both?

Cheers,
Erik