[ogg-dev] OggPCM proposal feedback

Erik de Castro Lopo mle+xiph at mega-nerd.com
Sun Nov 13 01:30:26 PST 2005

Ralph Giles wrote:

> Let? Run? Trample? It's not a question of let, just that Arc got
> interested in developing these formats. Anyone else, previously
> involved with Xiph or no is also welcome to do so. Are you
> suggesting we ban Arc from the lists for not respecting his
> betters?

Lets look at this email:

    http://lists.xiph.org/pipermail/ogg-dev/2005-November/000145.html

where Zen quotes a email Arc sent him privately. Normally, I'm not keen
on private emails being made public, but in this case I think Zen was
100% justified.

Am I nuts or is Arc overstepping his authority here? Especially since
Zen has made significant contributions in the area of making Xiph code
work on win32.

If OggPCM gets implemented I am very keen on it being useful well
beyond the use cases of one or two people. Its therefore important
that more than one or two people have input. If the more experienced
people at Xiph (Monty, Jean-Marc, Josh etc) are going to let Arc run
the specification of OggPCM then outside input is likely to be
ignored.

Erik