[ogg-dev] wiki & our community

Arc arc at Xiph.org
Fri Nov 11 01:50:17 PST 2005

On Fri, Nov 11, 2005 at 05:29:52PM +0800, illiminable wrote:

> (quote:"and thus the subject of FourCC labeling in OggStream's native video
> interchange formats is closed.")
>
> ... doesn't sound like community debate to me.
>
> Maybe i missed the meeting where you became god here. If you are going to
> make claims that you somehow are in charge here, please do it on the list.

OggPCM and OggYUV are projects I initiated and maintain as a subset of the
OggStream project.  I opened them to feedback from the wider Xiph community,
require that they be supported by the maintainers of other Xiph projects who
will be effected by them, and seek a rough consensus among knowledgeable
parties.  However, I am setting guidelines for design decidions and, if a rough
consensus cannot be reached between competing concepts, I am the one to make the
end decidion regarding their design.

Since you want to make a public display of your behavior, I'll be equally as
public: your continued disrespectful behavior toward myself and, through
displaying it in a public forum on lists.xiph.org, the Xiph community, must
stop.  I encourage you to provide technical input toward design decidions as
long as you can do so respectfully, but do not continue your current behavior.

--

The recognition of individual possibility,
 to allow each to be what she and he can be,

from "Die Gedanken Sind Frei": Free Software and the Struggle for Free Thought
 by Eben Moglen, General council of the Free Software Foundation