[neurosetta] neuros corrupt filesystem

Stan Seibert volsung at mailsnare.net
Sun Jul 20 09:29:30 PDT 2003

On Sun, 2003-07-20 at 11:18, matt zagrabelny wrote:
> zero:/proc/scsi/usb-storage-0# fsck /dev/sda1
> fsck 1.34-WIP (21-May-2003)
> dosfsck 2.9, 15 May 2003, FAT32, LFN
> open /dev/sda1:No such device or address

It looks like your problem is that the USB subsystem won't recognize the
device in the first place.  Usually restarting the computer, (which
forces the USB kernel modules to reinit) seems to fix things.  I've
tried removing the usb modules by hand when this happened on one box,
but that locked up the whole machine, letting me know the usb modules
were by that point really, really confused.

Do you have this problem even when you restart the machine?

---
Stan Seibert

Neurosetta homepage: http://www.neurosetta.org/