[neurosetta] Neuros Corrupting Oggs?

Jason M. Sullivan jsullivan at nc.rr.com
Mon Jul 21 15:30:25 PDT 2003

This has happened a few times.

I'm in the middle of re-ripping my collection (a non-neuros tool was
corrupting my ogg files), and putting a couple hundred tracks a day onto
the Neuros (using positron add).  I've had to reset the Neuros during play
about once a day (it always hangs between songs).  I'm using the 1.34
version of Neurosetta.

What I'm finding is that a few of the oggs are getting corrupted, and it
manifests itself as a single tone squeal during decoding.  During this
tone, I can't skip forward to the next song.  The song eventually (a couple
of seconds pass) resumes play, and everything seems normal again.

It happens in the same place in the song every time, and even when I power
cycle the Neuros and try again.  I've copied the files off the neuros and
tried them on my computer ogg player, and the song has an audable gap at
the very same point.  I go back and check the copy I have that remained on
the computer, and it's ok.

So, is the "checking disk" stage causing this?  Or is it something else?

   ////           Jason M. SULLIVAN   jsullivan at nc.rr.com
  |c-oo               http://home.nc.rr.com/jason0x21
   \_-     "That's not music, that's just sound!" - J. David Fries
Neurosetta homepage: http://www.neurosetta.org/