[neurosetta] Neuros Corrupting Oggs?

Paul M Edwards pauledwards at wwdb.org
Mon Jul 21 19:32:07 PDT 2003

On Mon, 2003-07-21 at 15:30, Jason M. Sullivan wrote:
> What I'm finding is that a few of the oggs are getting corrupted, and it
> manifests itself as a single tone squeal during decoding.  During this
> tone, I can't skip forward to the next song.  The song eventually (a couple
> of seconds pass) resumes play, and everything seems normal again.

If you try to play the Ogg Vorbis file with your computer from the
Neuros (streaming over USB) does it play fine? If so, nothing is being
corrupted.

I think that you are running into the limitations of the beta Ogg
firmware.

Check for any files that are encoded higher than the Neuros can
currently play (~140 Averaged kbps) with the utility available from my
site.

http://chameleon.homelinux.net/Archives/Neuros/OggCheck/oggcheckplus.pl.bz2
And the signature file
http://chameleon.homelinux.net/Archives/Neuros/OggCheck/oggcheckplus.pl.bz2.asc