[neurosetta] Neuros Corrupting Oggs?

Jason M. Sullivan jsullivan at nc.rr.com
Mon Jul 21 20:10:33 PDT 2003

> If you try to play the Ogg Vorbis file with your computer from the
> Neuros (streaming over USB) does it play fine? If so, nothing is being
> corrupted.

When I tried that, the Neuros couldn't feed the file back fast enough to
play on the computer, but I have copied the file off the Neuros and played
it on the computer.  It's corrupt in the same way (though the ogg player on
the computer handles it differently).  The original shows no such
corruption.

> I think that you are running into the limitations of the beta Ogg
> firmware.
>
> Check for any files that are encoded higher than the Neuros can
> currently play (~140 Averaged kbps) with the utility available from my
> site.

It's quite possible it's a firmware bug (that's why I reported it :-) );
but all my files are encoded at 128abr.

   ////           Jason M. SULLIVAN   jsullivan at nc.rr.com
  |c-oo               http://home.nc.rr.com/jason0x21
   \_-     "That's not music, that's just sound!" - J. David Fries
Neurosetta homepage: http://www.neurosetta.org/