[Icecast] EZstream XML that used to work

Steve Matzura sm at noisynotes.com
Fri Sep 20 00:06:03 UTC 2024

This is about as simple as it can get. It worked earlier today. I added
a couple lines, like sample rate and channels, it stopped working so I
took them out, and now when I run it through /usr/bin/ezstream with the
'-c' option, I get:

ezstream[5609]: ezstream/shout.xml: world readable    # that's normal
ezstream[5609]: stream: default: no configuration

Here's the XML, with passwords hidden:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<ezstream>

   <servers>

     <server>
       <hostname>127.0.0.1</hostname>
       <password>****</password>
     </server>

   </servers>

   <streams>

     <stream>
       <mountpoint>/broadband</mountpoint>
       <format>MP3</format>
       <name>ShoutOut Radio with Andy Shilton  and Steffi Barnett</name>
     </stream>

   </streams>

   <intakes>

     <intake>
<filename>/home/tgvpadmin/ezstream/shout.m3u</filename>
       <stream_once>Yes</stream_once>
     </intake>

   </intakes>

</ezstream>

The problem seems to be with the <name> XML directive. I thought that if
it is added to the <server> block, the name of the stream could be
displayed in a player. I think the problem comes up if the contents of
the server name in that directive is more than one word--i.e., contains
spaces. I removed it, and the player again shows "no name" where I would
expect to see one. How then does this work? I want to display my station
name in this name field like I could with an older version of ezstream.