[Icecast] How to install certs on a working icecast ?

Sergio N sergioalfonsonieto at gmail.com
Fri Jul 19 21:00:11 UTC 2024

Hi guys!!!

Years ago I installed icecast on a Redhat server (also apache and cpanel
are installed). There are several radio stations that stream to online
listeners through that server.

Recently online listeners reported that when using chrome no audio comes
out. So I discovered that chrome needs https to enable audio stream and
also that the audio source needs to be secure otherwise problems will
persist.

Through cpanel I can enable free certs for every domain so https be enabled
but I have several questions about icecast.

A. Can I use cert issued for lets say radio1.com or some other domain
hosted in the box?  Or do I have to issue another different cert just for
the icecast? What kind of cert do I need to issue? Where Do I get it?

B. Is there a step by step procedure to install certs on that running
icecast? including uninstall the current icest if there is no easy way to
enable certs?

I really appreciate your help.

Regards,
SAN.