[Icecast] Public stats on beta

Philipp Schafft phschafft at de.loewenfelsen.net
Sun Jan 21 19:06:48 UTC 2024

Good afternoon,

On Sun, 2024-01-21 at 15:08 +0000, TDAS wrote:
> Yeeek. That’s a lot of options :)

It's a lot of possibilities! ;)

> As someone who is pretty savvy but has only ever left Icecast
> authentication at the defaults, are there any examples, as I need to
> get it turned off pretty quickly.

I'm not really sure here. That endpoint is meant to be public. Fiddling
with it might break things.

You could try something like this in the global <authentication>
section:
   <role type="anonymous" match-admin="publicstats,publicstats.json" deny-all="*" />

However keep in mind that this does not affect any roles that might
have been evaluated earlier.

> Also, as there is no ‘publicstats’ in the admin dir, I’m guessing it
> is aliased somewhere. [...]

If you by 'alias' mean rendered, then it's "alias" is the status page
of Icecast ("/status.xsl" normally aliased to "/").

> …but not sure if I should start messing around in ‘c’ files. I’m a js
> guy ;)

I would suggest not to break your update path by building a custom
version. ;)

With best regards,

--
Philipp Schafft (CEO/Geschäftsführer)
Telephone:           +49.3535 490 17 92

Löwenfelsen UG (haftungsbeschränkt)     Registration number:
Bickinger Straße 21                     HRB 12308 CB
04916 Herzberg (Elster)                 VATIN/USt-ID:
Germany                                 DE305133015