[Icecast] Shoutcast compatibility mode

Brian Millham bmillham at gmail.com
Fri Mar 24 22:09:52 UTC 2023

Hi all, I'm working of getting a new station setup and will need to support
broadcast software that can only do Shoutcast (Winamp since the user can't
only stream in Shoutcast mode).

I have this in my icecast.xml:

    <listen-socket>
        <port>8000</port>
        <shoutcast-mount>/live.mp3</shoutcast-mount>
    </listen-socket>
    <mount type="normal">
        <mount-name>/live.mp3</mount-name>
        <charset>UTF8</charset>
        <password>IAmADJ</password>
    </mount>

This is what happens when I try to connect and start DJing:
[2023-03-24  17:49:51] INFO connection/_handle_shoutcast_compatible
password does not match "!POKE"

The same client can stream just fine to a Shoutcast server.

Am I misunderstanding what shoutcast-mount does?

Thank you!
Brian