[Icecast] Shoutcast compatibility mode

Philipp Schafft phschafft at de.loewenfelsen.net
Sun Mar 26 17:05:30 UTC 2023

Good morning,

On Fri, 2023-03-24 at 18:09 -0400, Brian Millham wrote:
> Hi all, I'm working of getting a new station setup and will need to
> support broadcast software that can only do Shoutcast (Winamp since
> the user can't only stream in Shoutcast mode).
>
> I have this in my icecast.xml:
>
>     <listen-socket>
>         <port>8000</port>
>         <shoutcast-mount>/live.mp3</shoutcast-mount>
>     </listen-socket>
>     <mount type="normal">
>         <mount-name>/live.mp3</mount-name>
>         <charset>UTF8</charset>
>         <password>IAmADJ</password>
>     </mount>
>
> This is what happens when I try to connect and start DJing:
> [2023-03-24  17:49:51] INFO connection/_handle_shoutcast_compatible
> password does not match "!POKE"
>
> The same client can stream just fine to a Shoutcast server.

So which source client is that exactly? What is it's error message?
What does show up in the access.log?

The poke request is just normal part of libshout's operation. So not a
problem at all.

With best regards,

--
Philipp Schafft (CEO/Geschäftsführer)
Telephone:           +49.3535 490 17 92

Löwenfelsen UG (haftungsbeschränkt)     Registration number:
Bickinger Straße 21                     HRB 12308 CB
04916 Herzberg (Elster)                 VATIN/USt-ID:
Germany                                 DE305133015