[Icecast] Running Icecast 2.5 as a service

Damian db76 at riseup.net
Fri Aug 12 12:58:35 UTC 2022

Hi Philipp,

Thanks of the reply. Apologies for the naive question. I guess I am a little confused and need some advice.

I currently have version 2.4.4 installed via apt on Debian 10.
I start that by doing sudo service icecast2 start

I have also installed version 2.5 beta 3 via http://downloads.xiph.org/releases/icecast/icecast-2.5-beta3.tar.gz <http://downloads.xiph.org/releases/icecast/icecast-2.5-beta3.tar.gz> and compiled the software.

I start it by doing icecast -b -c /path/to/icecast.xml

If I want to run it in daemon mode, what is the way to do so?

Damian