[Icecast] Running Icecast 2.5 as a service

Damian db76 at riseup.net
Fri Aug 12 13:25:04 UTC 2022

To help clarify my initial question about swapping out the binary, I actually took the advice from an earlier thread here.

https://lists.xiph.org/pipermail/icecast/2019-February/014507.html <https://lists.xiph.org/pipermail/icecast/2019-February/014507.html>

And here …

https://lists.xiph.org/pipermail/icecast/2019-February/014506.html <https://lists.xiph.org/pipermail/icecast/2019-February/014506.html>

I had hoped that I would not need to do this which is why I asked again in this thread. If I need to install the daemon to run 2.5, I’d like to know where to I get this from. I am having a hard time finding information for this.