[Icecast] Setting UP a Simple Relay

Steve Matzura sm at noisynotes.com
Sat Apr 9 21:38:48 UTC 2022

The documentation at
https://icecast.org/docs/icecast-latest/relaying.html is very clear. I
want to set up a one-time relay which will pull a program from a stream
and relay it to the input port of a stream I already have running. What
are the minimum requirements I'll need to set up the output side of this
relay, above and beyond the obvious things like IP address and access
credentials? Would it be reasonable to just clip out a copy of the top
part of my existing icecast.xml, change a couple key things, like
logfile name and temporary directory name, etc., and have a reasonable
expectation of it working?