[Icecast] Multiple mountpoints and ports

Geoff Shang geoff at QuiteLikely.com
Mon Jun 14 10:00:42 UTC 2021

On Mon, 14 Jun 2021, kit wrote:

> Is it possible to assign specific ports to mountpoints in such a way that
> stream8001 can't use port 8000 but only work on port 8001?

I don't think so.

YOu can set up mount aliases that are port-specific but I don't know of a
way of preventing access to other mounts.

So for example, you could put your streams on stream1 and stream2 and set
up an alias called stream8000 which specifies port
8000 to point to
stream1, and an alias stream8001 which is specific to port 8001 which
points to stream2.

Then you could publicise the aliases and hide the original mounts so in
theory no-one should find them.  But I don't think that you'd be able to
prevent access to stream1 or stream2 on either port if someone actually
did find them.

I'm curious to know what your use case is.

Cheers,
Geoff.