[Icecast] Load balancing Icecast - aggregated logs

Philipp Schafft phschafft at de.loewenfelsen.net
Mon Jan 13 13:36:43 UTC 2020

Good afternoon,

On Mon, 2020-01-13 at 13:30 +0000, Chip wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have a potential project for which my client requests that we load
> balance the streaming service.
>
> Of course, the Icecast server scales very well.
>
>    - http://icecast.org/loadtest/
>
> However, the client requests high-availability and, due to the scale of the
> potential project, we would like to load balance the service over two or
> more servers.
>
> I think the load balancing aspect is not my major issue at this stage but
> how to aggregate the listener logs in one place so that my client has an
> accurate representation of the audience stats.
>
> Hope someone can help and many thanks in advance

I hardly see any question in your mail so it is a bit hard to answer.
What exactly is the problem you face? Is it finding a good architecture
for your setup or is it in actually implementing it?

Please feel free to reply to me off-list for professional Icecast
support.

With best regards,

--
Philipp Schafft (CEO/Geschäftsführer)
Telephon: +49.3535 490 17 92

Löwenfelsen UG (haftungsbeschränkt)     Registration number:
Bickinger Straße 21                     HRB 12308 CB
04916 Herzberg (Elster)                 VATIN/USt-ID:
Germany                                 DE305133015