[Icecast] Load balancing Icecast - aggregated logs

Chip chiapas at aktivix.org
Mon Jan 13 13:30:32 UTC 2020

Hi

I have a potential project for which my client requests that we load
balance the streaming service.

Of course, the Icecast server scales very well.

   - http://icecast.org/loadtest/

However, the client requests high-availability and, due to the scale of the
potential project, we would like to load balance the service over two or
more servers.

I think the load balancing aspect is not my major issue at this stage but
how to aggregate the listener logs in one place so that my client has an
accurate representation of the audience stats.

Hope someone can help and many thanks in advance

Chip Scooter