[Icecast] Icecast Auto DJ

Paul Martin pm at nowster.me.uk
Wed Apr 29 14:03:40 UTC 2020

On Sun, Apr 26, 2020 at 11:32:10PM +0200, Marvin | OveralWiFi.nu wrote:
> I’ve a question. I have a station now with Shoutcast and shoutcast
> transcoder for 2 bitrates. 192kbps mp3 and 64 kbps aac+.
>
> I want to transfer these to Icecast. I’ve an working icecast server
> but i need an auto dj that can encode 2 bitrates, 192kbps mp3 and
> 64kbps aac.
>
> I had a working setup, but my nonstop machine is not on the icecast
> server but externally. Now in shoutcast transcoder i can give the
> live dj a priority of 2, and the nonstop machine a priority of 1, so
> djs can login over the nonstop.
>
> Who can help me and can tell me the working setup of icecast with
> ices cc or liquidsoap?

Liquidsoap can definitely do what you want, feeding into Icecast.

You can set up feeds such that one has priority over another, such
that if the higher priority one is not present, the lower priority one
gets used, and do fancy things like smooth crossfades between sources.

I personally use that facility to provide a breakdown message if a
feed goes offline or it goes silent for more than 30 seconds.

Have a look at the recipes that are on the Liquidsoap site.

Liquidsoap will decode almost anything you can feed at it and output
in many formats simultaneously.  For 64kbps aac+ you will need the
Fraunhofer encoders (and their ocaml adapters).

No version of ices will do aac.

--
Paul Martin <pm at nowster.me.uk>