[Icecast] multiple instances? Updated

Ross Levis ross at stationplaylist.com
Tue Sep 10 12:31:59 UTC 2019

The OP seems to be still confused.  SAM Broadcaster supports sending streams directly to Icecast servers, so Icecast does not need to be put in Shoutcast compatibility mode.

He doesn't need to use different port numbers, as mentioned a few times.

The mount points do not need to be defined in the configuration file unless you want different passwords or other unique settings per stream, as mentioned a few times.  You can create as many streams as you like just by connecting an encoder to the server and specifying a different mount point.

This is all you need for the listen-socket...

<listen-socket>
  <port>8000</port>
</listen-socket>

Hopefully that clears up some confusion for you.