[Icecast] Source client with HTTP PUT

Fred Gleason fredg at paravelsystems.com
Mon May 6 18:54:04 UTC 2019

On Sat, 2019-05-04 at 17:05 +0000, Philipp Schafft wrote:
> Which exact open tickets do you refer to with "certain bits"? Would
> be
> happy to look into them with you. Also feel free to offer some
> sponsoring to implement them.

AAC+ support for starters. It was lack of this specific feature that
compelled me to roll my own [Ice|Shout]Cast client support.

>  Considering your signature it looks like
> you're in the position to do so and therefore not only get the "bits"
> you need implemented but also help others this way.
> Looking forward to your mail regarding this!

Historically, there appears to have been significant reluctance on the
part of the libshout maintainers to adopt this feature. See, for
example:

http://lists.xiph.org/pipermail/icecast-dev/2013-June/002202.html

However, if the maintainers are now willing to accept a PR that adds
AAC+ support, I would be glad to submit such.

Cheers!

| Frederick F. Gleason, Jr. |             Chief Developer             |
|                           |             Paravel Systems             |
|         A room without books is like a body without a soul.         |
|                                                         -- Cicero   |