[Icecast] got icecast2 working, but hear nothing

unosonic un at aporee.org
Thu Nov 10 13:48:21 UTC 2016

plug in your 302 USB

enter: lsusb

you should see: Bus 001 Device 005: ID 08bb:2902 Texas Instruments Japan PCM2902 Audio Codec

look at syslog:
usb 1-1.2: new full-speed USB device number 5 using dwc_otg
usb 1-1.2: New USB device found, idVendor=08bb, idProduct=2902
usb 1-1.2: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=0
usb 1-1.2: Product: USB Audio CODEC
usb 1-1.2: Manufacturer: Burr-Brown from TI
input: Burr-Brown from TI USB Audio CODEC  as /devices/platform/soc/20980000.usb/usb1/1-1/1-1
usbcore: registered new interface driver snd-usb-audio

enter: arecord -l

you should see: card 1: CODEC [USB Audio CODEC], device 0: USB Audio [USB Audio]

that means all is fine so far.

in darkice.cfg, try this for the input section:

# this section describes the audio input that will be streamed
[input]
device          = hw:1,0
sampleRate      = 44100
bitsPerSample   = 16
channel         = 2

[icecast2-0]
your settings for icecast here...

that works, tested it with a line-in source 5 min ago with my 302.

u.

Kristoffer Gustafsson: